Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Canadian Railroads > VIA 2 departing Hinton

Date: 02/09/21 10:58
VIA 2 departing Hinton
Author: xcnsnake

Normally my train travel in recent years is what you might call leisure-based only, but VIA came through for me for purely utilitarian purposes on Saturday when I needed to get from Jasper to Hinton to pick up a vehicle that had been in for service there. We made very good progress form Jasper to Hinton, with only a brief stop at Entrance to wait for a westbound grain drag to clear onto the newer double track between there and Athabasca River. It may have been the best $21 I've ever spent!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/09/21 14:07
Re: VIA 2 departing Hinton
Author: viatrainrider

Super video of my favorite.  Noted, I believe, 4 sleepers.  Were there that many passengers?  Oh for a ride.  I hope this year!!
Was Park car serving, dome still closed?  How about the Skyline dome--closed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/21 14:10 by viatrainrider.

Date: 02/09/21 17:39
Author: xcnsnake

You had to stay in your seat, no visit to the Skyline for coach or the Park Car for sleeping car passengers. The onboard guy told me maybe they had 6 in the sleepers! I was in the 2nd of 3 coaches and had to walk fwd to the first to detrrain; in doing so I counted no more than about 15 people in those 2 cars.

Date: 02/09/21 21:23
Author: tomstp

That looks a lot more like a train than Amtrak.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds