Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Canadian Railroads > What's Better Than A Caboose?


Date: 02/23/21 10:33
What's Better Than A Caboose?
Author: Blackfoot

Two caboose's... or what ever the plural of caboose is.  Westbound at North Battleford SK, May, 1977.

Cheers,
Dwayne




Date: 02/23/21 11:22
Re: What's Better Than A Caboose?
Author: King_Coal

Those always looked like the most awesome design out there. Were they as good as they looked?

Thanks for sharing.



Date: 02/23/21 13:52
Re: What's Better Than A Caboose?
Author: Blackfoot

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those always looked like the most awesome design
> out there. Were they as good as they looked?
>
> Thanks for sharing.

I was lucky enough to be offered two rides on this same train when I was a teenager back in the late 70's, but both times I opted to sit up front in the GP9's, so I have no idea what these were like to ride in.  I will agree with you though, they did look mighty nice.

Cheers,
Dwayne



Date: 02/23/21 14:08
Re: What's Better Than A Caboose?
Author: exhaustED

Blackfoot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Two caboose's... or what ever the plural of
> caboose is.  Westbound at North Battleford SK,

Well it's a plural, so whatever the plural is, there ain't no apostrophe in it.



Date: 02/23/21 14:12
Re: What's Better Than A Caboose?
Author: joemvcnj

exhaustED Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Blackfoot Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Two caboose's... or what ever the plural of
> > caboose is.  Westbound at North Battleford SK,
>
> Well it's a plural, so whatever the plural is,
> there ain't no apostrophe in it.

What does a Queen's English dictionary say plural is ? 



Date: 02/23/21 14:24
Re: What's Better Than A Caboose?
Author: exhaustED

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> exhaustED Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Blackfoot Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Two caboose's... or what ever the plural of
> > > caboose is.  Westbound at North Battleford
> SK,
> >
> > Well it's a plural, so whatever the plural is,
> > there ain't no apostrophe in it.
>
> What does a Queen's English dictionary say plural
> is ? 

Cafreakinbooses...



Date: 02/23/21 15:01
Re: What's Better Than A Caboose?
Author: moonliter

> What does a Queen's English dictionary say plural
> is ? 

Here in Upper Canada where the Queen's English is spoken, the plural is "vans". : )

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/21 20:51 by moonliter.



Date: 02/23/21 17:19
Re: What's Better Than A Caboose?
Author: cn6218

moonliter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Here in Upper Canada where the Queen's English is
> spoken, the plural in "vans". : )
>
Touché  :-)

GTD



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0264 seconds