Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Canadian Railroads > Turntable Tuesday - CP 8733 at Smiths Falls

Date: 03/02/21 10:58
Turntable Tuesday - CP 8733 at Smiths Falls
Author: feclark

This was a cloudless November 5, 1977, first day after the fall time change. The week before was my first visit to Smiths Falls, with LBC. It was quite an eye-opener after my first 18 months of railfanning in Ottawa. This day I got together with Ian Walker and we hoofed it to Carlingwood, took a bus from there to catch the 0700 Voyageur to Smiths Falls, then spent a wonderful day shooting MLWs and Fs. Fairy early in the morning, RS-18 8733 was riding the turntable; I can't remember what level of shopping/service they recorded on the nose stripe, but it was done on 3/6/77 at St. Luc. It'd be a neat modelling touch. Two S-series switchers are deep inside the roundhouse. I don't have the numbers recorded, but given assignments here, possibilities are S-2 7016 and 7025, maybe S-3 6591. We did see 7025 running outside later on.
Fred

Date: 03/02/21 13:49
Re: Turntable Tuesday - CP 8733 at Smiths Falls
Author: refarkas

A well-crafted historical image. Not only is there CP 8733, but it was on the turntable with the roundhouse behind it.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.028 seconds