Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Canadian Railroads > Ottawa ON - Ellwood Diamond-May 6 2020

Date: 03/04/21 07:57
Ottawa ON - Ellwood Diamond-May 6 2020
Author: CNStratford

Fred Clark and Gerry Gaugl have reminded me of my bike ride on May 6 2020.  I was interested in documenting the R2 bus replacement for the O-Train.
Picture 1 - is Mooneys Bay (nee Confederation Station).  Fred's freight was passing under the Heron Road bridge.  When I came to Ottawa in September 1970, that was a level crossing,  I was stopped there by a train when taking a friend to the airport.
Picture 2 - shows the diamond where the LRT crossed the VIA line.  A barrier has been placed to protect VIA from any ghost freights climbing the grade.
Picture 3 - shows the connector track from CP to the Beachburg sub.  Had a lot of fun on that connector - riding the North Shore Budd, 1201 Tulip Festival trains, trips to Wakefield the year we operated from the station.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/21 07:59 by CNStratford.

Date: 03/04/21 10:47
Re: Ottawa ON - Ellwood Diamond-May 6 2020
Author: feclark

I really appreciate these views of my old stomping grounds. The bridge on the Ellwood Sub, south of the Beachburg Sub, is one I don't remember. I see from Google Maps it's over the Transitway, which wasn't there in my day. South of that is a short wood-pile trestle over Sawmill Creek; I had started to rummage through my shots and have found a few on that structure. Future posts.
Fred

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/21 10:51 by feclark.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3334 seconds