Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Canadian Railroads > Seba Beach Saturday - CN EB Grain Empties

Date: 04/10/21 10:49
Seba Beach Saturday - CN EB Grain Empties
Author: feclark

This scan was done for another purpose, but it fits here. A friend had recommended I check out the bluffs near Seba Beach for photo opportunities, so on May 2, 1996, I was there for this EB at 0822, with 102 grain empties behind CN 5359 and 2452 rolling toward Wabamun, Alberta. The SD40-2(W) looked beefy with the snowshields and dynamic brakes, not found on all of this model on CN. I went back many years later on a rainy day travelling westward to Ashcroft, and it had grown in quite a bit. I suppose I should return some time.
Fred

Date: 04/10/21 14:32
Re: Seba Beach Saturday - CN EB Grain Empties
Author: tsokolan

That area is a little more open now, with CN clearing the ROW on the south side of the main for future double track. There is a curve at Mile 54 that will get you a decent shot of an EB, however it does involve a bit of hiking to get to it. I've heard the double track project being deferred for an unknown length of time, so its unclear when we will see a second main in the area.

-Trevor

Date: 04/10/21 16:02
Re: Seba Beach Saturday - CN EB Grain Empties
Author: feclark

tsokolan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That area is a little more open now, with CN
> clearing the ROW on the south side of the main for
> future double track. There is a curve at Mile 54
> that will get you a decent shot of an EB, however
> it does involve a bit of hiking to get to it. I've
> heard the double track project being deferred for
> an unknown length of time, so its unclear when we
> will see a second main in the area.
>
> -Trevor

Thanks for the information, Trevor. I really need to spend more time west of town, which has curves, sorely lacking from the Wainwright Sub.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds