Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Canadian Railroads > More from northern Nova Scotia

Date: 06/13/21 12:47
More from northern Nova Scotia
Author: newtonville150

CN's Springhill sub in northern Nova Scotia's Cumberland county usually only sees two trains in daylight each day.
They are eastbound Toronto-Halifax intermodal train Z120 and westbound Dartmouth-Moncton manifest A407. Slim
pickings for the dedicated railfan. Especially for someone used to the parallel CN and CP mainlines east of Toronto.

I shot both daylight trains today at the railfan bridge at Springhill Junction (junction with the long gone line to Springhill
and Parrsboro and one of the only sidings where Z120 and its nocturnal westbound counterpart could meet on the 
unusual occasions when that might be necessary.)

1. This morning Z120 was running later than usual showing up at 09:46 with three big GEs and 622 axles.
2. At 15:30 this afternoon, A407, which had evidently lifted quite a few cars in Truro, showed up with the CN 2673 and 
CN 2274 (the power for this train for least the last week.) and 356 axles. Note the super-elevation of the curve
on the main track.

I did not stay out the entire day. In between trains I had some paid work to do back home as I'm so far only semi-retired and
after 120 I paid visit to the local Tim Hortons. I must say I'm looking forward to having my second COVID-19 shot in a week or so,
and the re-opening of the NB-NS border.

...John Reay
Springhill, NS

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/21 14:03 by newtonville150.

Date: 06/13/21 14:19
Re: More from northern Nova Scotia
Author: retcsxcfm

Nice shots.Nova Scotia is on my bucket list.

Uncle Joe in Florida.

Date: 06/13/21 17:16
Re: More from northern Nova Scotia
Author: feclark

Love that second shot; great geometry/perspective.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds