Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday - The Broader Perspective at Ellwood Diamond in 1984

Date: 06/14/21 09:09
MLW Monday - The Broader Perspective at Ellwood Diamond in 1984
Author: feclark

I've posted many shots of the daily wayfreight #85, Montreal to Ottawa via the north shore, around Ellwood Diamond, where CP's Ellwood Sub crossed CN's Beachburg Sub in Ottawa. Once again we have a pair of MLWs in charge; my best effort to resolve their road numbers suggests RS-18 8769 and 8786, at 1325 on October 5, 1984. The Railgon gondolas were not a common sight on this train. I'm standing inside the west end of the through plate span that carries the Beachburg Sub over the Airport Parkway, which curves on the left toward the overpass of Heron Road; it becomes Bronson Ave. on the north side of Heron. In addition to the signals governing WB movements through the diamond, you can see the crossing lights for the Brookfield Pathway (check Google Maps for this), a pedestrian/bike crossing at grade. The building in the background is (was) the main office for Canada Revenue Agency, although it was called something else in 1984 (Taxation Canada?). This maybe gives you a better understanding of how constrained the angles were here; lots of poles, trees, and fences.
Fred

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/21 09:10 by feclark.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds