Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Canadian Railroads > May 2012 VIA Canadian trip

Date: 11/17/21 16:39
May 2012 VIA Canadian trip
Author: arwye

Looking for some other images yesterday I came across these taken during our May 2012 trip from Vancouver to Toronto and return. Back when the train more or less ran on time using its older schedule. We did arrive Toronto about two hours late.
First image at Jasper and dome observation Banff Park, which we were lucky enough to have drawn for our bedroom.
Second image of a really nice car attendent taking her break during our Jasper stop.
Third image on our return trip at Melville. Taking this caused a VIA Witch to come flying down the platform on her broom screaming at me. The engineer stuck his head out the window and told her to "back off" as I wasn't in any danger or hurting anything. I gave him the "thumbs up".

Date: 11/17/21 16:44
Last shot from May 2012 VIA Canadian trip
Author: arwye

Back at Jasper on our return. Don't know who the other photographer was. I found the situation rather amusing given my experience at Melville. I'm told that recently CN has a new squad of Wyatt Earp's working Jasper Park and Hinton that are not railfan friendly. 

Date: 11/17/21 17:20
Re: Last shot from May 2012 VIA Canadian trip
Author: feclark

Perfect composition, well-balanced.
Fred

Date: 11/17/21 22:20
Author: gaspeamtrak

So it's not just Amtrak that has the "GateDragons/Witches Via has them too. Ha, Ha
Thanks for sharing the pictures and story too...:):):)

Date: 11/19/21 11:52
Author: eminence_grise

Jasper has changed over the years regarding train photography. However, much can be photographed from public roads. We had a stange experience there, photographing a departing "Canadian" from the parking lot. An elderly foreign tourist entered into a "stink eye" stareing competition with my wife, for no apparent reason. As we departed, I whistled "Underneath the Lamp Light" , which ended the stareing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds