Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Canadian Railroads > MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON


Date: 11/28/21 08:03
MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON
Author: funnelfan

Looks like the ballast car was unloading on just one side, became off-balanced and tipped over on a MOW worker, also tipping a Brandt Truck as well.

https://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=2331730

Ted Curphey
Cheney, WA



Date: 11/28/21 11:41
Re: MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON
Author: LKeithR

Locomotive?  Gravel car?  Always irritates me when the media can't get it's facts right.  What''s
sad is that most of the people they're talking to don't have a clue either...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC



Date: 11/28/21 11:52
Re: MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON
Author: ldstephey

LKeithR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Locomotive?  Gravel car?  Always irritates me
> when the media can't get it's facts right. 
> What''s
> sad is that most of the people they're talking to
> don't have a clue either...

To be fair, the anchor lady was looking at fresh, live video on a monitor some yards away and she quickly guessed at what she was seeing.  It was a complicated scene.  She wouldn’t have been expecting to see a truck cab on a rail line.
 



Date: 11/28/21 17:03
Re: MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON
Author: dxm332

Metrolinks has stated that because of the accident investigation by the Ontario ministry of labor the trackage at site of the accident will be closed for some time. A bus bridge will be in place between pickering and guildwood

Posted from Android



Date: 11/29/21 00:56
Re: MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON
Author: LKeithR

ldstephey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LKeithR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Locomotive?  Gravel car?  Always irritates me
> > when the media can't get it's facts right. 
> > What''s
> > sad is that most of the people they're talking
> to
> > don't have a clue either...
>
> To be fair, the anchor lady was looking at fresh,
> live video on a monitor some yards away and she
> quickly guessed at what she was seeing.  It was a
> complicated scene.  She wouldn’t have been
> expecting to see a truck cab on a rail line.
>
To be fair, if anchor lady didn't know what was going on she shouldn't have reported it.  That's a
lot of the problem today,  The news media is so anxious to be "first" with a story that they'll say
anything to make the story work.  When it comes to "incidents" like this seldom to I see a story
where I know the facts that the media doesn't get something wrong.  It's just sloppy journalism,
that's all--no excuse for it...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC



Date: 11/29/21 06:01
Re: MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON
Author: PHall

LKeithR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ldstephey Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > LKeithR Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Locomotive?  Gravel car?  Always irritates
> me
> > > when the media can't get it's facts right. 
> > > What''s
> > > sad is that most of the people they're
> talking
> > to
> > > don't have a clue either...
> >
> > To be fair, the anchor lady was looking at
> fresh,
> > live video on a monitor some yards away and she
> > quickly guessed at what she was seeing.  It was
> a
> > complicated scene.  She wouldn’t have been
> > expecting to see a truck cab on a rail line.
> >
> To be fair, if anchor lady didn't know what was
> going on she shouldn't have reported it.  That's
> a
> lot of the problem today,  The news media is so
> anxious to be "first" with a story that they'll
> say
> anything to make the story work.  When it comes
> to "incidents" like this seldom to I see a story
> where I know the facts that the media doesn't get
> something wrong.  It's just sloppy journalism,
> that's all--no excuse for it...


Well, the problem is that they're no longer "journalists", they're just talking heads now.
They might as well replace them with a CGI character.



Date: 11/29/21 11:32
Re: MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON
Author: LKeithR

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Well, the problem is that they're no longer
> "journalists", they're just talking heads now.
> They might as well replace them with a CGI
> character.

I have to agree.  For the most part Journalistic "integrity" is a thing of the past.  Nowadays it's
all about creating drama and excitement so that more people will look at "your" content and watch
all the ads you've smothered the content with...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC



Date: 11/30/21 05:22
Re: MOW Fatality on Go Transit Line at Pickering, ON
Author: hoggerdoug

My thoughts and prayer for the person killed in this tragic accident. Condolences to his family, friends and co-workers. Hopefully the investigation will determine what exactly happened and find ways to prevent it from happening again.

Too bad all the others in this post were more concerned with the way the reporters reported on this accident.

Doug



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds