Home Open Account Help 195 users online

Canadian Railroads > VIA’s new Siemens equipment


Date: 12/01/21 03:48
VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: DavidP

VIA has posted a number of pictures from a roll-out event for the Siemens train sets on their Instagram site - probably other social media as well.  Nice looking trains.  They don't seem to be dealing with the same plumbing issue that has sideline Amtrak's version of this equipment.

Dave



Date: 12/01/21 05:01
Re: VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: joemvcnj

Did they test the water yet or not ? 



Date: 12/01/21 06:15
Re: VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: newtonville150

RMTransit on the tube of you has a good video of yesterday's event at the Ottawa VIA station.

..jr



Date: 12/01/21 08:22
Re: VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: KM-ML4000

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they test the water yet or not ? 

No, they have not tested the water "officially" yet. But, the cars will require the same rework as the other Venture cars.



Date: 12/01/21 08:34
Re: VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: joemvcnj

KM-ML4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> joemvcnj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Did they test the water yet or not ? 
>
> No, they have not tested the water "officially"
> yet. But, the cars will require the same rework as
> the other Venture cars.

We also don't know what the requirements are for Canada's equivalent of the FDA or EPA, whichever it is. 



Date: 12/01/21 09:48
Re: VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: KM-ML4000

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KM-ML4000 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > joemvcnj Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Did they test the water yet or not ? 
> >
> > No, they have not tested the water "officially"
> > yet. But, the cars will require the same rework
> as
> > the other Venture cars.
>
> We also don't know what the requirements are for
> Canada's equivalent of the FDA or EPA, whichever
> it is. 

Also correct.



Date: 12/01/21 16:33
Re: VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: WP17

KM-ML4000 Wrote in part:
-------------------------------------------------------
 But, the cars will require the same rework as
> the other Venture cars.

So what are the differences between the Venture cars and those delivered to Brightline. There hasn't been similar issues with their cars.

WP17



Date: 12/01/21 19:52
Re: VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: robj

The whole lead things seems ????? Not sure how that could happen in 2020-21?  Would be interesting to now details.  They must now where the problem is. 

Bob

 



Date: 12/01/21 21:16
Re: VIA’s new Siemens equipment
Author: PHall

robj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole lead things seems ????? Not sure how
> that could happen in 2020-21?  Would be
> interesting to now details.  They must now where
> the problem is. 
>
> Bob
>
>  

If you're using copper piping it's gotta be soldered. Now was the right solder used or did it have too much lead?



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds