Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Canadian Railroads > The Ocean and Another Z120 on November 17th

Date: 12/04/21 09:47
The Ocean and Another Z120 on November 17th
Author: cn6218

November 17th was a productive day, photographically speaking, for me.  There were some shots of the  Gypsum Leaving the Mine (trainorders.com), a Z120 with ex-CREX leaser leading East of Shubenacadie, NS (trainorders.com), and being a Wednesday, VIA 15 was also going to be in the picture.  If I'd got out of the house a bit earlier, I might have even got L507 somewhere on the Bedford Sub too.

The Ocean had been delayed by CN staging cars on the main line in Rockingham, so they had to wind their way through the yard, while Z12021 was coming in at the west end.  However, eventually that was all sorted out, and the passenger train made it to Brookfield, NS, about 10 miles short of Truro, for this glint shot across the marsh.  The Renaissance section of the train is cropped here, but there was a total of 16 cars, including the Ren transition car and second baggage at the rear.

About half an hour later, the Ocean was charging up the hill from Truro on the Springhill Sub, but slowing to take the siding at Belmont for a meet with Z12031.  They were only a bit more than half an hour late at this point, but it could have been worse if the RTC had decided to have the meet at Alton (east of Brookfield).  I'm guessing that Rockingham was plugged so full of cars that it didn't really matter when they got there.

Now it was time to relocate back to Brookfield for Z12031 and one final shot of the day.  This train had originated in Toronto early the previous day and would arrive in Rockingham just after sunset.  The track curving off in the foreground is the Canada Cement Spur, leading to the LaFarge cement plant at Shortts Lake.

GTD

Date: 12/04/21 10:51
Re: The Ocean and Another Z120 on November 17th
Author: newtonville150

Nice liight...

..jr

Date: 12/05/21 04:52
Re: The Ocean and Another Z120 on November 17th
Author: robj

newtonville150 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice liight...
>
> ..jr

yes very nice and nice controlling headlight flare and classic equipment up front.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0598 seconds