Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Canadian Railroads > Consist of Churchill Train 693 at Winnipeg

Date: 05/14/22 09:46
Consist of Churchill Train 693 at Winnipeg
Author: viatrainrider

Someone recently made inquiry as to  the consist of train 693 to Churchill.  I was in WPG recently and can give you this without car numbers as I viewed the train from a distance at the Forks tower.

2 engines
Bag (on head where it belongs)
3 coaches
Skyline
Sleeper
I was surprised at the number of people in the station waiting to board.  I did not realize many people went north at this time of year.

Date: 05/14/22 10:49
Re: Consist of Churchill Train 693 at Winnipeg
Author: PHall

It's not just a "tourist" train, it provides transportation for many who live up there too.

Date: 05/14/22 22:43
Author: gaspeamtrak

I think it was me that asked about the consist of #693 I was supposed to ride it this weekend.
They said there will be no dining service till the new year... So that's when I will do the trip.
I don't understand with the "skyline dome" in the consist that they would not or couldn't provide hot meals for the sleeping car passengers for some reason???
I think the lost a lot of high paying sleeper passengers. 
Just my opinion...

Date: 05/15/22 12:53
Author: DavidP

VIA is becoming Amtrak, albeit with better on-board service and more interesting equipment.  Neither company seems to want to actually run trains.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds