Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Canadian Railroads > Toronto Railway Museum Rolling Stock Access

Date: 08/07/22 14:20
Toronto Railway Museum Rolling Stock Access
Author: rrman6

While following Google Maps in Toronto Canada on my IPhone, I noticed the Toronto Railway Museum in what appears as the old Canadian National roundhouse.  Some tracks lead outward from the turntable but I don't see any that might lead to the Canadian National yard nearby.  From this, I assume none of these tracks allow for movement of their display pieces either new or old from the turntable area to their yard.  Am I correct?  In other words, should there be any new display equipment, it would have to be trucked to the display tracks.  I'd like to learn more of the museum and what pieces are displayed.  Thanks meanwhile!

Date: 08/07/22 15:59
Re: Toronto Railway Museum Rolling Stock Access
Author: WP17

FYI the museum occupies the former CP John Street roundhouse. The (CN) Spadina roundhouse is long gone.

WP17

Date: 08/07/22 19:24
Author: moonliter

There is no rail access to the museum housed in the former CPR John Street roundhouse. Google,  "moving locomotive 6213 in Toronto", this will give you some insight on how to access the museum.

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON

Date: 08/07/22 20:20
Author: RuleG

rrman6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
 I'd like to learn more of the
> museum and what pieces are displayed.  Thanks
> meanwhile!

Toronto Railway Museum website:

https://torontorailwaymuseum.com/

Website with information on the museum's collection:

https://www.trha.ca/trha/collections/

Date: 08/11/22 12:31
Author: TheCurator

Paid a visit to the museum in June of 2019.  Here's a few teasers for you...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds