Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN feeding on juice in Montreal West

Date: 11/11/22 16:10
CN feeding on juice in Montreal West
Author: Guitartrain

An E/B STCUM (Societe de Transport de la Communaute Urbaine de Montreal) commuter train, led by two Canadian National 86-ton GE Centre-Cab electrics (6727 & 6725, class Z-5-a) is passing through the Monklands section of Montreal West, QC. 8:01AM on 8/20/82.

Date: 11/11/22 16:29
Re: CN feeding on juice in Montreal West
Author: Lackawanna484

Love it, thanks!

Date: 11/11/22 17:53
Author: refarkas

Well done - The curve makes it even better.
Bob

Date: 11/11/22 21:15
Author: moonliter

Great photo, thanks for posting.

I've added a timetable covering the time period of when your photo was taken.  Thanks for adding the time which enabled me to ID the train number. (No.930)  You will also note the railway direction is south even thought the train is physically head in an eastward direction.  The location is Monkland (6.6 miles from downtown Montreal) which is on the north-western end of the island however it is not Montreal West.  Montreal West is a stop on the CPR line, south of the CN line and 4.6 miles from downtown Montreal.  Hope you don't mind my clarification.

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON

Date: 11/13/22 15:58
Author: ns1000

Wow....

Thanks for posting.

Date: 11/15/22 20:23
Author: feclark

I've seen so many shots of these coming out of the tunnel. Thank you for this new angle, much more exciting.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1063 seconds