Home Open Account Help 207 users online

Canadian Railroads > My first shot of the new year


Date: 01/11/23 12:19
My first shot of the new year
Author: newtonville150

January 11th at 15:01, CN L507 by Oxford Junction, CN 8803, CN 5798, total axles 236.
Following a heads up from Geoff Doane that an all GMDD lash up was coming my way
on today's 507, I went to Oxford Junction NS for my first shot of the year. I had come down
with COVID on my birthday (December 27th) and this was my first day without coughing
fits. Anyway, two GM products made for a welcome change from the endless parade
of GEVOs. And the friendly conductor's wave was the cherry on top.

When Geoff arrived the signal at west end of the siding was still all red. I believe Geoff
intended to go to Springhill Jct for a shot but shortly after he departed the signal cleared.

...John Reay
Springhill NS

 



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/23 13:19 by newtonville150.




Date: 01/11/23 13:19
Re: My first shot of the new year
Author: King_Coal

Started off with a crisp colourful photo. Looking forward to many more in 2023.



Date: 01/11/23 14:55
Re: My first shot of the new year
Author: cn6218

It wasn't the first day out for me, but it was the first day of the year that I actually did a little road trip.  Things didn't go perfectly, I drove right past an early Z120, but I can't complain over all.  It will take me a day or two to get a proper trip report together, but in the mean time, here is an encounter with L507, about an hour before John shot it, crossing the East Mines Trestle, mile 15 of the Springhill Sub.

GTD




Date: 01/11/23 20:08
Re: My first shot of the new year
Author: feclark

newtonville150 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> January 11th at 15:01, CN L507 by Oxford Junction,
> CN 8803, CN 5798, total axles 236.
> Following a heads up from Geoff Doane that an all
> GMDD lash up was coming my way
> on today's 507, I went to Oxford Junction NS for
> my first shot of the year. I had come down
> with COVID on my birthday (December 27th) and this
> was my first day without coughing
> fits. Anyway, two GM products made for a welcome
> change from the endless parade
> of GEVOs. And the friendly conductor's wave was
> the cherry on top.
>
> When Geoff arrived the signal at west end of the
> siding was still all red. I believe Geoff
> intended to go to Springhill Jct for a shot but
> shortly after he departed the signal cleared.
>
> ...John Reay
> Springhill NS
>  

Nice shot!
Fred



Date: 01/11/23 20:09
Re: My first shot of the new year
Author: feclark

cn6218 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It wasn't the first day out for me, but it was the
> first day of the year that I actually did a little
> road trip.  Things didn't go perfectly, I drove
> right past an early Z120, but I can't complain
> over all.  It will take me a day or two to get a
> proper trip report together, but in the mean time,
> here is an encounter with L507, about an hour
> before John shot it, crossing the East Mines
> Trestle, mile 15 of the Springhill Sub.
>
> GTD

What's the local 'industry' below the trestle? It's not often you can get a porta-potty in the shot. Just kidding, of course.
Fred



Date: 01/12/23 06:24
Re: My first shot of the new year
Author: newtonville150

feclark Wrote:

> What's the local 'industry' below the trestle?
> It's not often you can get a porta-potty in the
> shot. Just kidding, of course.
> Fred

Local industry?...looks more like a West Virginia holler back there...LOL.

..jr



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0519 seconds