Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Canadian Railroads > Coming and Going

Date: 03/26/24 18:20
Coming and Going
Author: cn6218

I was looking through some slide scans tonight and came across this pair that had yet to see the light of day (not posted anywhere).  This is train 148, the hotshot Chicago to Halifax intermodal, on February 8, 2003 in the fresh snow at Windsor Jct., NS.

It was amply powered by 5-year old Dash-9 2585, a Dash-8 cowl and what appears to be an SD70I or SD75I.  It's not a pure intermodal train because CN has tacked some junk cars on the head end, probably in Moncton, but the rest of the train is containers heading to the Port of Halifax.  In the second frame, the end of the train is passing the switch to the east leg of the wye and connection with the Windsor & Hantsport.  Signal H156 still had three heads.  148 would have had a green on top for a clear signal onto the north track.  The middle aspect would show flashing green to give the passenger trains a limited signal onto the south track, while trains to Dartmouth would get a green on the bottom, for a slow-to-clear entering the Dartmouth Sub.

Today the wye and the W&H are both gone.  The south track and the lower searchlight head are too, and 148 in Halifax is nothing more than a distant memory as well.

These images are scans of Fuji Astia 100 slide film.

GTD

Date: 03/27/24 06:59
Re: Coming and Going
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice.
JB

Date: 03/27/24 07:05
Re: Coming and Going
Author: texchief1

Great coming and going!

texchief1

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds