Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN Fort Nelson

Date: 04/24/24 22:05
CN Fort Nelson
Author: roustabout

Not much to see here, but images of the line to Fort Nelson are so few and far between on TO.com, I had to post something.  My last trip north was in 2018 and I always check out the yard at the end of the line as well as the combined road/rail bridge that's a few miles south of there.  Here you go - no trains, but I keep hoping to find something whenever I go that way.

Date: 04/24/24 23:47
Re: CN Fort Nelson
Author: steelhorse

Back in the late 1990's that was a busling little yard on the south side of Fort Nelson. Use to cross that bridge when I worked 2 hours east of town.

Date: 04/25/24 00:52
Author: coach

For those of who don't know:  how busy was the line?  Have all the businesses and industries left?  Any trains at all these days??

Date: 04/25/24 08:50
Author: roustabout

It looked quiet six years ago but there were cars spotted at the few industries there.  At that time, I understand that the train ran to arrive on Thursday and depart Friday. 

Date: 04/25/24 09:45
Author: loleta

Thanks for posting these photos! Here's the southbound train (473? 479? I can't remember now) crossing that bridge south of Fort Nelson in August 2016. At the time, the train ran once a week. Day 1 they went all the way northbound from Fort St. John to Fort Nelson. Day 2 they switched Fort Nelson and then (as seen here) travelled south to Gutah for the night. Gutah is in the middle of nowhere, with no road access, but had/has a bunkhouse and a cook. What a lonely job that must be. On day 3 they travelled from Gutah back to Fort St. John. Last I heard, CN now makes this trip as seldom as once a month; I'd be very interested in an up-to-date report.

Loleta Fernbridge

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds