Home Open Account Help 209 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Top Gear

Date: 06/22/09 00:50
Top Gear
Author: marku51

For those of you in the UK the new series of Top Gear started last night with a London to Edinburgh race between a car, a motorbike and the Tornado A1 Pacific Locomotive. It was an excellent episode, I recommend it to all. It can be viewed now on BBC iPlayer or you can watch it on BBC2 on Friday.

cheers

mark u

Date: 06/22/09 07:10
Re: Top Gear
Author: RNinRVR

I will have to wait for the fall to see it here in the states on BBCAmerica. I would take a guess that Captain Slow was on the train, Jamie the car and that wonderful short fella on the bike.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 06/22/09 08:15
Author: rubblehead

I,d very much like to see the Stig take that A1 Pacific to Edinburgh!

Date: 06/22/09 14:47
Author: DKay

I will have to wait some months for the new series to arrive down here in Australia.Look forward to seeing Tornado in action.On last nights (mon 22nd)news down here,they mentioned that Clarkson revealed "The Stig" to be none other than Michael Schumacher(spelling).I wonder if this is just a stunt or the real deal.
Regards,Daryl Kay.

Date: 06/23/09 04:19
Author: driver

I think you could safely say that the Schumacher thing was a stunt, bit of a clue in the program was that they had a new Ferrari FXX (souped up road legal Enzo)there which did a rather quick lap, can't imagine Ferrari letting any old muppet drive a million pound car around an airfield ;-)

For those that are interested it states that the top speed of the A1 is 75mph, this is not correct, this is the maximum speed that steam locomotives are allowed to go on Network Rail metals, I'm pretty positive that the A1 could easily top 100mph given the chance, the other thing is that the stops for water en route would not have been necessary in 1949 as there would have been water troughs en route!

Steve

Date: 06/24/09 09:14
Author: rdsexton

RNinRVR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will have to wait for the fall to see it here in
> the states on BBCAmerica. I would take a guess
> that Captain Slow was on the train, Jamie the car
> and that wonderful short fella on the bike.

Check youtube and the topgear website. The current stuff may already be there. They seem to be very up to date. if you are in Greece, watch Top Gear on SKAI Saturdays at 1800.

Date: 06/24/09 17:59
Author: TrevorHeath

This is a very good article on the event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Race_to_the_North

TH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds