Home Open Account Help 195 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Dampf Spektakel in the German Eifel 2-6 April

Date: 04/05/10 10:10
Dampf Spektakel in the German Eifel 2-6 April
Author: crusader5619

April 2-6 over 200 excursions of varying lengths have or will operated centered on Trier, Gerolstein and Koblenz. Steam from all over the country is in attendance.

1 This afternoon a 50 class near Dockweiler headed towards Gerolstein. Four to five excursions operated Gerolstein to Ulmen today.

2 In Gerolstein this morning, excursions in and out heading in every direction.

3 Excursion departing to Trier from Gerolstein

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/10 10:14 by crusader5619.

Date: 04/05/10 12:08
Re: Dampf Spektakel in the German Eifel 2-6 April

Trier-Ulmen excursion at Dockweiler (in the Eifel) this morning.

Second shot is the class 52 that was pushing on the train arriving at Dockweiler

Departing excursion at Gerolstein

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/10 10:07 by crusader5619.

Date: 04/06/10 04:15
Author: andersonb109

The third photo is excellent. However these photos indicate why I decided to stay home. Far too people to get many decent shots with crews in safety vests everywhere. Even photo 3 has someone near the lineside with a camera if you look closely enough. Unlike some, I don't mind actual locals in my photos, but not hords of railfans. The event seemed like it would be great for riding behind or just watching steam but not for the serious photographer.

Date: 04/06/10 09:14
Author: 1372

I do like them Deutsche dampflocs! Looks like some very fun events recently, so glad to see German steam out and about--and that folks turn out to appreciate it. Danke! Kurt.

Date: 04/06/10 09:52

There were some long shots on the Trier-Ulmen excursion that one could just about eliminate the throngs from the picture. Like here just outside Dockweiler yesterday afternoon with a Class 52 on the point.

And of course the poor man's video at Gerolstein.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/10 10:24 by crusader5619.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/06/10 10:06

I missed the Mosel excursions which would have been the best chance to get pictures unencumbered by Daisy Pickers and Orange Vests. I would imagine there are people out there with intimate knowledge of rail lines in the Eifel and get the kind of quality pictures some have commented here. Probably the June issue of EISENBAHN KURIER will have good photowork.

Date: 04/08/10 11:15

There were alot of fans and a WHOLE lot of the general public but you could find small shots that at least tried to look authentic like here at Dockweiler.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0847 seconds