Home Open Account Help 208 users online

European Railroad Discussion > REVIEW - Italian and Slovenian Rail Atlas

Date: 04/04/10 21:42
REVIEW - Italian and Slovenian Rail Atlas
Author: SOO6617

Verlag Schweers + Wall has released the fourth in their series of European Rail Atlases. There are 155 pages of maps with the main maps at a scale of 1:300,000. All significant urban areas also feature a 1:100,000 detail map, and Roma, Milano, and Napoli have a 1:50,000 map of the city center. The map information is in Italian, but the map key is in German, French, Italian, and English so you won't have trouble understanding the information. The maps show the electrification system, ownership, single and multi-track, and freight only lines. Also shown are abandoned lines with year of abandonment. I was amazed at how many Interurban Tramways Italy had. All tunnels are labeled with name and length, and gradients of greater than 10 pro mille (1 %) are shown with uphill direction indicated. The map shows relief and indicates forested areas. The map also shows all Motive Power Depots, Workshops, Autotrain terminals, Rolling Highway Terminals, and Intermodal Terminals including operator's name. Locations of major industries are shown, some with names. There is an index of all stations and tunnels at the rear of the book, and two maps showing Intermodal Gauge, and Axle Loading limits for major lines. Previous Atlases covered Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. I was very pleased with this Atlas and found it well worth the price

http://www.schweers-wall.de/index.html

Date: 04/05/10 00:57
Re: REVIEW - Italian and Slovenian Rail Atlas
Author: cricketer8for9

Having also bought it I can confirm that it's a wonderful book full of information that's simply not been available before. Well worth purchasing even if you've no plans to travel to Italy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0312 seconds