Home Open Account Help 344 users online

European Railroad Discussion > More Nose Printed Hotel Windows in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Date: 08/04/14 10:18
More Nose Printed Hotel Windows in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Author: tq-07fan

I arrived at the Jury's Inn here in Newcastle Upon Tyne just after 1300. I've been watching trains out the window and attempting to post this but the trains just keep coming. These are only a selection.

1) What I believe to be the GBRf 6H89 from North Blyth to Ferrybridge Power Station. Having checked Realtime Trains earlier in Carlisle I thought I may be able to check into the hotel and get a GBRf at the station. This is much better, until the nose prints on the window obscure the view.
2) That's the complete 6H89 getting ready to turn left at King Edward's Bridge junction to go through Sunderland with it's 23 coal wagons whilst a Northern Rail 2H26 from Hexham to Nunthorp passes on the nearest track.
3) East Coast Trains 1E15 from Aberdeen to Kings Cross, hence the HST set. Notice that the Tyne and Wear Metro is on the blue bridge above the train.

Date: 08/04/14 10:20
Re: More Nose Printed Hotel Windows in Newcastle Upon T

4) A late running GBRf 6N96 from Tyne Coal Terminal to Lynemouth Power Station came around from King Edward Bridge Junction South, a Cross Country 1V96 from Newcastle to Reading, and a First Transpennine Express 1E71 from Liverpool Lime Street to Newcastle all converged upon King Edward Bridge Junction North at the same time. All were moving but the TP had to stop to let it's outbound counterpart leave.
5) Same as above. I happened to look out the window to see this happening as I posted then took down this thread earlier in the day.
6) That certainly could not be outdone, but only minutes later The Northern Belle came by a Freightliner Heavy Haul 6S26 Seaham Harbour (Fhh) to Oxwellmains Lafarge whilst a Northern Trains 2W49 from Metrocentre closed in on Newcastle.

Date: 08/04/14 10:23

7) Northern Belle topped with a Class 47 and tailed with a DRS Class 57.
8) Freightliner Heavy Haul 6S26. In the UK other trains get in the way of trains you want to take pictures of. Of course I'm not complaining about the Northern Belle.
9) East Coast Trains operates a very popular service out of the ruins of GNER. I was lucky to catch the former GNER liveried patched 91118 on EC 1N17 that terminates here in Newcastle.

Date: 08/04/14 10:25

10) I know it's 1500 Potland Burn Db Schenker to Drax Power Station, but could not figure out the train ID on this one.
11) East Coast Trains 1S18 passing a First ScotRail DMU. I came to England not only to get semaphores and signalboxes but to also catch some of the stuff that won't be around next time I return. East Coast Trains is supposedly sold according to one employee I spoke to. I will be very interested to see how well it turns out next time I'm here.
12) Another mystery goods train. I saw this guy around Stockport last Thursday. I would like to know what it is and what it does with those blue containers.

Date: 08/04/14 11:27

13) Cross Country 1S45 from Plymouth to Aberdeen, East Coast Trains 1Y44, which is the ex1N17 as can be seen from the ex GNER 91118 plus Northern Train 2M34 to Whitehaven. At just under twelve hours that Cross Country Train has to be one of the longest continuous train journeys in the UK.
14) A Network Rail Inspection Train topped and tailed by EWS Class 67s.
15) I did not like my last photo I originally posted at the end of this thread so here is something much more interesting. A Network Rail HST.

Jim

Date: 08/04/14 13:47
Author: 86235

tq-07fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 12) Another mystery goods train. I saw this guy
> around Stockport last Thursday. I would like to
> know what it is and what it does with those blue
> containers.

No mystery, it's the Oxwellmains to either Northenden or Bredbury 6M00 which carries domestic waste from Greater Manchester (Bredbury or Northenden) to Oxwellmains land fill near Edinburgh

Date: 08/04/14 19:49
Author: Steinzeit

Excellent photographs, excellent text, excellent weather, and good luck with the trains -- but as someone once said, "Luck is the residue of good planning."

Best rgds, SZ

Date: 08/05/14 07:10
Author: navy5717th

Somebody else said: "Luck is when opportunity meets preparedness."

Same thing said a different way.

Fritz in HSV, AL

Date: 08/05/14 10:27
Author: 86235

navy5717th Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Somebody else said: "Luck is when opportunity
> meets preparedness."

In North East England luck is when the sun's out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0733 seconds