Home Open Account Help 226 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Scandinavia Trip Part 2 - Copenhagen S-Tog

Date: 08/18/14 22:42
Scandinavia Trip Part 2 - Copenhagen S-Tog
Author: dwatry

Copenhagen has an extensive suburban train system, operated as the S-Tog system over the tracks of the DSB (Danish State Railways). This system operated using more-or-less standard-looking suburban EMU equipment through the late 1990s, and then was re-equipped with some unusual wide-bodied, articulated, short equipment resembling Talgo technology. This equipment is very spacious inside and seating is generous- see photo #3 below. There are multiple levels of service - locals and express services, including one "cross-town" line (F-line) that operates as a circumferential line serving stations outside the center.

1 - S-Tog train near Copenhagen Central Station.

2 - S-Tog Line B train entering Danshoj station.

3 - Interior of S-Tog trainset.

Date: 08/18/14 22:59
Re: Scandinavia Trip Part 2 - Copenhagen S-Tog
Author: dwatry

4- S-Tog trains meeting at Norrebro on crosstown Line F.

5- Eastbound S-Tog at Norrebro.

6- Westboundn S-Tog at Norrebro.

Date: 08/19/14 03:44
Author: McKey

Thank you for interesting views to Copenhagen local trains! You can't avoid graffiti there can you?

Date: 08/19/14 04:13
Author: meixel

Thank you for the pictures! A few years ago I taught a class at a customer south of Copenhagen. My wife went with me and we stayed in a hotel next to the central station in Copenhagen. Every day I would ride the S-Tog to the customer. I was amazed that every other car had a central section that could hold many bicycles.

Date: 08/19/14 04:29
Author: McKey

Like this?

Almost even floor and wide doors help mowing around on trains in this "promised city for bikers".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds