Home Open Account Help 343 users online

European Railroad Discussion > FLIRT meets KISS

Date: 08/31/14 08:19
FLIRT meets KISS
Author: E111

This week offered an opportunity for all friends of new rolling stock in Munich to take a closer look to some units which will enter service later on this year. Three CFL (Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois) class 2300 KISS EMUs and one of the upcoming DB class 429.1 FLIRT3 EMU occupied one track in Munich East for homologation and acceptance tests performed by the rail division of TÜV Süd. Goal of the tests was to get the homologation of the CFL KISS units on DB rails and to test the MU-capability of the KISS units together with the FLIRT, something which will happen in real life starting December for traffic across the border.

CFL had ordered 8 units of the 3-car class 2300, while DB had ordered 28 units of the 5-car class 429.1.

Picture 1 shows the CFL 2302
Picture 2 shows the CFL 2303 and 2305 together with a DB regional train heading for Mühldorf
Picture 3 shows the DB 429 108 leaving the station at the end of the day, returning the testing crew to their home base. In the background, a brand-new class 245 diesel-electric locomotive of the DB can be seen, as well as the CFL 2305 EMU.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/14 08:39 by E111.

Date: 08/31/14 08:54
Re: FLIRT meets KISS
Author: McKey

What a variation of modern rolling stock, thank you for sharing these!

Btw. I know what is probably Flirt 1 and definitely what is Flirt 3, but what about Flirt 2?

Date: 08/31/14 09:46
Author: E111

McKey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Btw. I know what is probably Flirt 1 and
> definitely what is Flirt 3, but what about Flirt
> 2?

Good question! I know that the SBB France Flirt, which is a standard Flirt (1), got a different front to conform with the latest EC crash standards, so this might be the Flirt 2. But this might be a question to ask one of the Stadler marketing guys at the upcoming InnoTrans at Berlin.

E111

Date: 08/31/14 11:21
Author: eazy521

What do you mean by "homologation?"

Thanks,
Eric

Date: 08/31/14 14:48
Author: pennengineer

eazy521 Wrote:
> What do you mean by "homologation?"
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

It's an arcane term meaning certification for use, in this case by Federal Railway Authority (Eisenbahnbundesamt).

Date: 08/31/14 23:02
Author: McKey

Good guessing, that might solve the puzzle. I'll ask them at Berlin IT2014.

E111 Wrote:
> But this
> might be a question to ask one of the Stadler
> marketing guys at the upcoming InnoTrans at
> Berlin.
>
> E111

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds