Home Open Account Help 387 users online

European Railroad Discussion > vintage diesels in Germany

Date: 10/22/14 01:07
vintage diesels in Germany
Author: boiler77

Hi,

at first you see the 221 145 from the former DB - Railway in Germany. A few of the between 1962-65 ever built 50 unit are survived in pirvat railroad service throghout Europe. The shown 145 is a fresh rebuilt engine by Netinera in Neustrelitz that wait for a new owner. It was show on the Innotrans Fair in Berlin last September to demonstrate the competence of this facility.
For more information look here: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB-Baureihe_V_200.1

Second one is the "European - F" unit. A in Sweden by NoHab built M 61. Last one roll out in 1965. I was be able to catch them as an drive-by-shot from a open cabwindow while riding as second driver on a Berlin-S-Bahn train. She was driving as My1155 in worktrain service. The owner is "Altmark Rail" in Germany.

Third one is a russian built 231. It was create as an freight only diesel without an extra generator for train heating. Gear ratio allow a maximum speed to 63mph (100kmh) and the primemover developed 3000hp.
The 012 is the only one in service in Germany. The others are all class 232 with a 120kmh gear ratio and heating generator.
See this unit in Berlin Ostkreuz with a ballasttrain.

Thank you - Phil from Berlin, Germany

Date: 10/22/14 03:00
Re: vintage diesels in Germany
Author: McKey

Thank you Phil, excellent pictures!

I did not realize you actually got occasionally Nohab Mys in Berlin. I bet the class 231 in those original red colors looks very interesting to many of us.

Date: 10/22/14 05:54
Author: ATSF3751

Love the Chicago Great Western inspired paint scheme on 1155.

Date: 10/22/14 06:05
Author: McKey

Can almost hear the EMD 567 sounds... :)

Date: 10/22/14 10:50
Author: GettingShort

Really nice collection, always like a Ludmilla.....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0732 seconds