Home Open Account Help 346 users online

European Railroad Discussion > London Underground

Date: 04/23/15 10:21
London Underground
Author: newtonville150

I'll be arriving at Heathrow next Thursday and hope to be out of there by 10:30.  I'm booked on a Eurostar leaving St.Pancras at approx. 14:00. I think that I can afford a fairly leisurely trip between terminal 5 and St.Pancras allowing for the Eurostar check-in/immigration formalities. With that in mind I'd like to take some shots of London Underground trains in the open at stations along the way. Can anyone suggest good places to get out on the way to take a few shots. Last time I did this trip I used Heathrow Express to Paddington and then the Hammersmith & City. What other routings might give me additional photographic possibilities?

...John Reay
Toronto, Canada

Date: 04/23/15 13:51
Re: London Underground
Author: railsmith

If you're taking the Piccadilly Line in from the airport, Acton Town is one possibility. The station entrance/exit is on a road bridge over the tracks. From the other side of the bridge, looking north/west, you'll see trains on the separate branches of the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow and Uxbridge and the District Line to Ealing Broadway.  So you'll see both deep tube stock and sub-surface stock.

Date: 04/23/15 14:16
Author: 86235

If you don't want to leave the station then Barons Court, the last stop before the Piccadilly Line burrows underground, would also get you shots of District and Piccadilly Line trains. Alternatively if you change from the Piccadilly to the District Line at Acton Town any of the four intermediate stations between there and Hammersmith offers shots of non stopping Piccadilly Line trains.

Date: 05/12/15 07:43
Author: newtonville150

Unfortunately our inbound flight was 2 hours late, so we ended up taking the Heathrow Express and made the Eurostar with about 15 minutes to spare.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0282 seconds