Home Open Account Help 348 users online

European Railroad Discussion > An y news on West Coast Railways

Date: 04/28/15 01:55
An y news on West Coast Railways
Author: Grande473

I hear there is a possibility that other operators may take over the service is WCR is banned from the tracks. Who would these operators be? Where would they get qualified steam locomotive crews to run the trains?

Date: 04/28/15 04:56
Re: An y news on West Coast Railways
Author: 86235

DBS and DRS are providing crews and motive power for the Railway Touring Company's Great Britain VIII railtour. DBS will be providing a steam crew for the first two days with 4-6-2 70000 Britannia, after that DRS takeover using class 37s.

There are rumours of a repreive for WCRC doing the rounds, but that sounds far fetched given the pronouncements of the regulator (ORR) and the involvement of the HSE (Heath and Safety Executive).

Date: 04/28/15 18:18
Author: Grande473

Thanks for the info. Hopefully something will be in place when my brother and I are set to ride the Jacobite on Sept. 26.

Date: 05/08/15 03:30
Author: Farningham

West Coast Railways' suspension from operation has been lifted as from this morning, Friday 8th May.  So both the Conservatives and steam trains are coming back ...
Detail on http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/news/statement-network-rail-revoke-west-coast-railways-suspension-notice

Date: 05/08/15 08:00
Author: spflow

Farningham Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> West Coast Railways' suspension from operation has
> been lifted as from this morning, Friday 8th May.
>  So both the Conservatives and steam trains are
> coming back ...
> Detail
> on http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/news/s
> tatement-network-rail-revoke-west-coast-railways-s
> uspension-notice
>
>
>  
Oh dear! I hope they are not connected.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0263 seconds