Home Open Account Help 305 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Spain - what's up between Granada and Antequera Santa Ana

Date: 06/14/15 20:34
Spain - what's up between Granada and Antequera Santa Ana
Author: wzd

The previous direct service between Madrid and Granada seems to have disappeared in favor of a connection at Antequera Santa Ana between the AVE trains and a bus the last hour and a quarter into Granada.

Service between Seville (Sevilla) and Granada also seems to have been replaced in part by this bus connection.

Does anyone have any info on the situation?

Also, for such a busy tourist destination, Granada seems to have had rather minimal service in recent years - seems strange.

Info and insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,
wzd

Date: 06/15/15 09:21
Re: Spain - what's up between Granada and Antequera Santa Ana
Author: rfd275

I was there last month on a tour. I thought we would take the train from Seville to Granada and then from Granada to Cordoba. Ended up on a bus. From what I found, the line is being rebuilt and upgraded. There is a complete new high speed line being built into Granada.When coming into town from the bus the new roadbed was in, but no rail yet.Saw some impressive bridges and tunnels for the new line, again with roadfbed but no rail. Looks like it will be to some time unitl service is restored.

Date: 06/15/15 16:22
Author: reindeerflame

HSR under construction.

Spain is managing to accomplish what the U.S. cannot.

Date: 06/15/15 18:23
Author: wzd

Thanks for the info on the current situation. 

-- wzd

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0228 seconds