Home Open Account Help 371 users online

European Railroad Discussion > An American in Bath

Date: 07/23/15 17:50
An American in Bath
Author: ATKCentralCoast

I have a Britrail Pass and am traveling from Bath to York with a transfer at Bristol today, 24 July. Departure from Bath is at 10:59 arrive Bristol at 11:13. Connecting train leaves at 11:30. Question is...is this a reliable connection? 17 minutes seems like it's cutting it short, by American standards at least. Advisable to take earlier train from Bath?

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/15 17:56 by ATKCentralCoast.

Date: 07/23/15 18:42
Re: An American in Bath
Author: ctillnc

17 minutes... I'd say you have a 80% chance of making it.

Date: 07/23/15 23:33
Author: spflow

I would put your chances much higher - aroiund 95% - but don't worry if you do miss your connection,  there's a another train to your an hour later. and Temple Meads is great place to hang out. Enjoy your breakfast in Bath.

Date: 07/23/15 23:42
Author: ATKCentralCoast

Thanks for the advices. I have to be on that 11:30 train as I have 1st class seat reservations. So I'll take the earlier train from Bath and sounds like Bristol Mead will be a nice place to wait w/o worrying about connection. 🚅🚅

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/15 23:45 by ATKCentralCoast.

Date: 07/24/15 19:11
Author: tq-07fan

The day that I found the most trouble for train operations was on Sunday last Summer. A lot of engineering work goes on on Sundays and Saturdays from what I was told. Confusion, cancled or combined trains, people hanging from the rafters of the platforms wondering how they are going to get to 'There.' Of course the plus side was getting to see some goods train only routes while on diversion. As stated though most of the time connections are made, even some unrealistically tight ones. The UK passenger rail system may make you never want to look at or ride Amtrak again. It took me over a year before I got back on Amtrak after visting Britain and even a couple days in France. It certainly was not the same.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds