Home Open Account Help 361 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Chris Tarrant's Extreme Railways

Date: 10/15/15 14:03
Chris Tarrant's Extreme Railways
Author: 86235

I've just caught up with the second series on Channel 5 here in the UK. the third episode was tonight and featured British broadcaster Chris Tarrant (who is not a train buff) travelling from Moscow to the Yamal Peninsula on board the Gazprom Railway via a number of stops in Arctic Russia. Lots of good shots of Russian Railways

The first episode, two weeks ago was in Burma, the second, last week, featured Chris travelling from Tocopilla on the FCTT and over the Andes to the capital of Bolivia, Sucre. Next week he's in Cuba

Worth catching if you can

http://www.channel5.com/shows/chris-tarrant-extreme-railway-journeys/episodes/siberia-11

Date: 10/15/15 16:57
Re: Chris Tarrant's Extreme Railways
Author: 3rd_Raton

Apparently NOT available outside the UK. Channel 5 uses the same blocking software that BBC also uses. BBC has a lot of great railway related programs I hear about all the time in the newsgroup uk.railway . Of course those of us who have the "BBC America" channel are treated to and endless supply of Top Gear and Dr Who reruns.

Seriously considering getting a VPN account with a company that has UK nodes .....

Date: 10/16/15 00:10
Author: 86235

I did wonder whether since Channel 5 is owned by Viacom it's programmes would be viewable outside the UK. Clearly not.

Date: 10/17/15 11:42
Author: 3rd_Raton

86235 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did wonder whether since Channel 5 is owned by
> Viacom it's programmes would be viewable outside
> the UK. Clearly not.

Then again a VPN account might not work either ......

BBC to restrict VPN access

Sounds like a nice game of "cat and mouse" is starting to develope .....

Date: 10/17/15 14:55
Author: thehighwayman

If one is willing to bend the laws a little, a few older episodes are available on torrent sites.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds