Home Open Account Help 204 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Italy: Recognition Help Needed

Date: 11/07/15 03:56
Italy: Recognition Help Needed
Author: McKey

I ended up to an unusual situation with this relatively common Trenitalia driving trailer. In both pictures the class, clearly marked at the side, is not recognizable from the angle. I don't seem to find references on this one either. So, with all the knowledgeable people on this board, I'm looking for classifiaction, and maybe a hint where to look for Italian driving trailer and coach recognition? First picture is from Bologna and second from Florence, both withing a year.

Thank you for any recognition help!

Date: 11/07/15 19:16
Re: Italy: Recognition Help Needed
Author: Krokodil

Not sure they have a special class desgnation, if ithere is, it should be close to th UIC number in the center at the bottom of the car. This cabcar is known as  MDVC carozza semipilota, there MDVC stands for medium distance, center vestibule, built in the 1980ies.

Thomas Eckhardt

http://tewe.borail.net

Date: 11/09/15 10:18
Re: Italy: Recognition Help Needed
Author: McKey

Thank you Thomas! These helped me to find further information on the type. Looks like 305 driving trailers exist, which explains why they seem to be so common. And as in both pictures the noses seem to be deteriorating, the fleet is said to be in refurbishing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds