Home Open Account Help 296 users online

European Railroad Discussion > London Light Rail

Date: 03/03/16 06:36
London Light Rail
Author: 55002

On March 1st I took another trip to London, from Yorkshire on Virgin East Coast. I know Nick recently had a poor experience, but mine went to plan. It turned out to be VTECs first birthday, so there was Prussecco & chocolates for breakfast & dinner. At £20 each way first class, I consider it amazing value, with full English breakfast going out, and full dinner on the way home. Once there, I explored along the Docklands Light Railway out to Beckton. The area around Prince Regent station & the Excel exhibition centre has quite a bit of elevated running. Still much work progressing on the Crossrail construction.

Date: 03/03/16 06:40
Re: London Light Rail
Author: 55002

Another god spot is Shadwell station. The line from Fenchurch Street runs parallel to the DLR, and gives good views of the London skyline. Onto Clapham Junction, where the weather went down hill, so time fo a pint at The Falcon. Chris UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/16 06:41 by 55002.

Date: 03/03/16 07:19
Author: spflow

Ah, you save the best pic until last!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/16 07:27 by spflow.

Date: 03/03/16 12:11
Author: 86235

I see a Landlord pump in the background. Mmmmm

Date: 03/03/16 12:40
Author: cricketer8for9

55002 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another god spot is Shadwell station. Chris UK.

According to the London Reconnections Christmas 2015 quiz Shadwell has a mosque beneath the station platforms, so the good spot is also a god spot!

Date: 03/04/16 12:26
Author: bandob

Are those white cars the line we keep seeing go back and forth outside the police station on the ACORN TV Series "Suspects?"

B&OB/USA

Date: 03/04/16 22:42
Author: 86235

bandob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are those white cars the line we keep seeing go
> back and forth outside the police station on the
> ACORN TV Series "Suspects?"
>
> B&OB/USA

No, those are Abellio Greater Anglia trains out of Liverpool Street. Suspects is filmed in a building on Cambridge Heath Road, in Bethnal Green in E London, where I once worked!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds