Home Open Account Help 384 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg / Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg

Date: 06/24/16 12:00
Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg / Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
Author: tq-07fan

Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg = Free and Hanseatic city of Hamburg. One of the reasons for the trip was to visit our friend in Hamburg. Being the second largest city in Germany and second largest port in Europe Hamburg is well worth a visit, especially if you are into rail related stuff. I will have to group literally thousands of pictures into several threads and still won't show all of what I took. I will start by the first three rail related pictures in Hamburg, the Hamburg Hochbahn or U-Bahn crossing the Mundsburger Kanal. I took this from the rolled down window while Paul was stuck in traffic on Kuhmühle after we had driven from Braunschweig on Wednesday April 27 2016. We met our friend Lars and ate white asparagus that evening but the next two days we were in for some hard core train and transit fanning. Stay tuned!

Jim

Date: 06/24/16 15:16
Re: Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg / Free and Hanseatic City of Ham
Author: mundo

Thanks so much for these photos.  Sure they openned some eyes on how others do it, move freight and passengers together, something that is not understood in the US.  Given the capital money, it can be done!

Date: 06/29/16 14:57
Re: Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg / Free and Hanseatic City of Ham
Author: TAW

mundo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks so much for these photos.  Sure they
> openned some eyes on how others do it, move
> freight and passengers together, something that is
> not understood in the US.  Given the capital
> money, it can be done!

That, and more importantly, knowing how to do it, which they do and we don't.

TAW

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds