Home Open Account Help 298 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Trams in Rome

Date: 07/20/16 21:01
Trams in Rome
Author: wpamtk

Awhile back, there was a discussion about photographing trams and at Termini station in Rome. I visited there in mid-June and found that persons are no longer allowed on the Termini platforms without a ticket. That said, I took several photos there after getting off an arriving train with no problems. Later, I went to have a look at the trams. The first photo was taken 2-3 blocks from Termini--no crowds, no security, no hassles. The second and third photos were taken at Porta Maggiore, about a one-mile walk from the Termini headhouse.

Date: 07/20/16 21:09
Re: Trams in Rome

These three photos are all of the narrow-gauge "interurbans," which pass through the arches of the Roman wall and cross the standard gauge tram lines at grade. Tram lines come from several directions and intersect here, as well as crossing the narrow gauge. It's a great place for photography; I hung around here taking pictures for over an hour, and no one paid the slightest attention to me, including the occasional police officer who happened by.

Date: 07/20/16 21:14
Re: Trams in Rome

Also, at Porta Maggoiore, mainline FS trains pass by on an elevated right-of-way approaching Termini station. Here's a shot of a train taken through the arches of the Roman acqueduct, from about the location of the third photo in the last post. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds