Home Open Account Help 326 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Mecklenburgische Bäderbahn

Date: 10/24/16 11:11
Mecklenburgische Bäderbahn
Author: Bob3985

The December issue of Trains magazine features a fine article by Jim Wrinn about this line. In 2002 I got to visit Germany tracing my family roots and visiting railroad locations along the way. My fathers side was from Marlow in Mecklenburg not far from Bad Doberan. So a visit to the Molli was a natural. I was impressed with a shortline steam operation running a schedule along with DeutschBahn. The trains would neet at the depot to exchange passengers. And I was able to ride the train to Kühlingsborn. My good friend, Andreas Stirhl, was my host and guide. I have some great photos from that trip and more that I will need to scan to post.

I do have to admit that standing next to the locomotive made me appreciate the room I had in the 3985 Challenger cab. It was a neat ride and to be there for the meet between the two trains on the Molli at Heiligendam.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 10/25/16 15:05
Re: Mecklenburgische Bäderbahn
Author: wpamtk

I was able to ride the Mollibahn as part of a cruise ship shore excursion in July 2013. Great ride, and they were running two trains at a time. Just wish I could have spent more time there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0268 seconds