Home Open Account Help 381 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Tbilisi Georgia Trains

Date: 05/02/17 07:49
Tbilisi Georgia Trains
Author: andersonb109

Two days ago I was in Tbilisi Georgia with my girl friend Yana which produced the following photos. Other than trying to ride the train from the airport which only runs 2x each way per day, trains weren't on the addenda. However having a friend who knows how much I love trains (we first met on a steam photo charter), she told our guide for the day "Railway Station." So we gave up a visit to the fort high above the city to go to the station which is now mostly a shopping center. I have no clue as to which trains these are or where they are going. Hope you enjoy and aren't too distracted by the scenery!

Date: 05/02/17 07:56
Re: Tbilisi Georgia Trains

A few more. Sorry, no clue how to make the third one horizontal.

Date: 05/02/17 08:03

We also took a ride on the Tbilisi Funicular which goes up to a park, high above the city. There is also a cable car to up to the fort. I know, it's not a train but still interesting. Just who are those two tourists anyway?

Date: 05/02/17 16:41
Author: engine3420

Verticle.........

Date: 05/02/17 17:04
Author: cozephyr

Hope you and Yana have a wonderful time in Georgia (Europe). Thanks for taking time to share this European city.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/17 17:05 by cozephyr.

Date: 05/03/17 13:53
Author: GettingShort

Tbilisi is a great city. Last summer I had the pleasure of visiting Georgia and Armenia along with Nagorno-Karabakh and Abkhazia. We took the over night train between Yerevan and Tbilisi and the Baku train as far as Zugdidi. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
By the way you're living life right.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/17 13:58 by GettingShort.

Date: 05/03/17 17:03
Author: DTrainshooter

Good place to be to forget about your pathetic Red Wings during the Stanley Cup playoffs...

Date: 05/04/17 01:01
Author: 86235

The EMU is one of eight built by China's CSR. They came in 2 batches, the first with Skoda electronics, the second entirely Chinese (Today's Railways - Europe, March 2017)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0581 seconds