Home Open Account Help 381 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Helsinki to Vladivostok-Part 10

Date: 01/01/18 07:24
Helsinki to Vladivostok-Part 10
Author: CNStratford

Picture 1 - We spent a delightful day just riding trams into some of the more obscure areas of Moscow. I was surprised to find that the population of Moscow is about 11,000,000.
Picture 2 - Here was one of the odd sights we saw from a tram. Look carefully. It is someone dressed up as a Subway sandwich. Yes - American chains like Subway are ubiquitous.
Picture 3 - on each tram there was a horizontal turnstile activated by your smart card or, in our case, an electronic day pass. There are also inspectors. On this particular tram, we had been inspected and the inspectors in plain clothes were sitting next to us. At this point, two well-dressed women ducked the turnstile. Although I did not understand the language, I got the sense of the conversation among the three inspectors. "Let's ignore them - too much paperwork" said the older man, but the older woman inspector went and did the work. "We've got to nail them!".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/18 07:25 by CNStratford.

Date: 01/01/18 18:51
Re: Helsinki to Vladivostok-Part 10
Author: krm152

Enjoy your photos very much.
Thanks for posting.
ALLEN

Date: 01/02/18 00:00
Re: Helsinki to Vladivostok-Part 10
Author: 86235

Nice collection of tram types in that first picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/18 00:01 by 86235.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0626 seconds