Home Open Account Help 332 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Zwickau

Date: 03/22/18 07:36
Zwickau
Author: Bob3985

And so Andreas and I moved on to Zwickau where my mothers side was from. I will skip over the flood damage at Felsenkeller and we will take a look at the happier topics.

First we stopped on top of a tunnel along the way to see a DB express train coming at us.

Second we arrived at Zwickau and, after observing the aura of the area where my mothers father came from, we wandered over the station to be pleasantly surprised at the traffic. Though weed infested it was still a fairly active station with three regional trains sitting the the more modern style train shed.

In my third photo we are at one end of the platform. It is a busy photo, not as far as trains go but all the things that are captured in this image. There is catenary, a tower, signals, signs with designations for speed (I presume) and what appears to be a concrete milepost. It appears that the entrance to the pedestrian subway may not have been used for sometime.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 03/23/18 08:35
Re: Zwickau
Author: boiler77

Bob wrote:
In my third photo we are at one end of the platform. It is a busy photo, not as far as trains go but all the things that are captured in this image. There is catenary, a tower, signals, signs with designations for speed (I presume) and what appears to be a concrete milepost. It appears that the entrance to the pedestrian subway may not have been used for sometime.

Hi Bob,

I'am back online.Visiting Your pics from the trip through the home of your family. Graet destination. Thanks for sharing.
Was in Zwickau in 2010 to watch the action in downtown where the regional tram line share the street with diesel passanger train about a few blocks.

Here is VT 43 seeing
first in Zwickau main station;
second at the downtown stub end platform and
third running the the three rail track down the Schneeberg street.

Look my pics and remember the "38" - milepost in Zwickau Hbf. We call it in german an "Kilometerstein".

Happy weekend from Berlion - Phil

Date: 03/23/18 08:42
Re: Zwickau
Author: boiler77

and here is seeing the switch for the standard gauge diesel tzrain to the stub end platform from the double track section with the Zwickau tram. Seeing here is an two car czech build Tatra KT 4 on the 1000 mm narrow gauge.
And a Tatra train at the same location like pic # 3.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0737 seconds