Home Open Account Help 362 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Slovakia Part 3

Date: 03/23/20 21:10
Slovakia Part 3
Author: dwatry

Fourth day of the road trip was a venture a little off the main roads.  From Poprad we backtracked a bit to Vazec, then headed south through some pretty remote valleys to Plesivec, where we intercepted a non-electrified secondary line, which we followed to Kosice.

1)  Early morning at the Poprad station - caught this CD Pendolino on a Kosice to Prague train.  The ZSSK station architecture continued to amaze me. 
2)  Eastbound train from Bratislava near Vazec behind a Class 383.
3)  On the secondary line in Plesivec, caught this westbound freight just leaving behind 2 Class 752 "Bardotkas".  Legend has it that some railfans came up with the nickname because these locomotives somehow reminded them of Brigette Bardot.  Hard to see the resemblance, but maybe if you are a teenager with a vivid imagination...

Date: 03/23/20 21:14
Re: Slovakia Part 3

4)  Class 754 "Goggles" on a local passenger near Rimavska Sec.
5)  Back in Plesivec - caught enother westbound feight behind a pair of Class 756s and a switcher. 
6)  Going away shot of same.  Love the fluting and the portholes on the sides of these locos.

Date: 03/23/20 21:16

7)  Variotram in Kosice passing WW2 Soviet war memorial.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/20 21:17 by dwatry.

Date: 03/23/20 22:23
Author: gaspeamtrak

Neat stuff!
Either I win the lottery or when I sell the house in a few more years near retirement time can I come across the "pond" for a road trip with you guys !!! :):):)
Thank you for sharing !!! :):):)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0544 seconds