Home Open Account Help 223 users online

European Railroad Discussion > More UK lockdown

Date: 04/23/20 03:16
More UK lockdown
Author: 55002

Besides having the good fortune of some freights within walking distance of home, this gorgeous spring weather here in the UK has seen me get the cycle out. It's great to be back on the bike, last year I did very little cycling as I had surgery on both hands for carpal tunnel. Well worth it - non no more 'pins and needles'!!  Near Normanton, I saw 66162 'Maritime Intermodal 5' working the Wilton to Manchester empty waste train, followed by a freightliner from Leeds to Felixstowe. Then called at Oakenshaw, for 60021 on the Liverpool to Drax power station biomass train.

Date: 04/23/20 03:19
Re: More UK lockdown
Author: 55002

On the way home, I stopped at Sandal & Agbrigg station. This is a commuter station for stopping trains between Leeds and Doncaster / Sheffield. Normally at this time the car park would be full, with the overflow spilling into the streets. Today, the work from home etc advice is working, with plenty of room for the bike. The previous day, I took the drone to Horbury Junction for the empty waste train.  Chris UK.

Date: 04/23/20 11:44
Re: More UK lockdown
Author: gaspeamtrak

Great looking pictures ! The weather looks smashing over there. Here in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada the weather is still sucking swamp water! :)
+1C for the high today with snow flurries/rain showers! :(:(:(
Take care over there, thank you for sharing some great views and be safe out there !!! :):):)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1499 seconds