Home Open Account Help 253 users online

European Railroad Discussion > A Spring day in the Marches


Date: 02/27/21 15:29
A Spring day in the Marches
Author: 86235

Another lovely day in the Welsh Marches today.

1: A class 158 on the 10:30 Manchester Piccadilly to Milford Haven (arr 16:45) approaching the Offa's Dyke footpath crossing in Pandy in Monmouthshire. 158s are not that common on the long distance inter-regional services between Manchester and West Wales these days, most are in the hands of the Alstom class 175s.

2 & 3: Behind the 158 came the 6V75 empty steel, the first time its run this year.








Date: 02/27/21 19:07
Re: A Spring day in the Marches
Author: exhaustED

Nice! Good to see the Dee Marsh empties running on a Sat!



Date: 02/28/21 00:39
Re: A Spring day in the Marches
Author: Hexagon789

86235 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another lovely day in the Welsh Marches today.
>
> 1: A class 158 on the 10:30 Manchester Piccadilly
> to Milford Haven (arr 16:45) approaching the
> Offa's Dyke footpath crossing in Pandy in
> Monmouthshire. 158s are not that common on the
> long distance inter-regional services between
> Manchester and West Wales these days, most are in
> the hands of the Alstom class 175s.
>
> 2 & 3: Behind the 158 came the 6V75 empty steel,
> the first time its run this year.

I always think the 158s are nicer - they ride superbly, though the hydrostatic radiator can be a little noisy at times, more so than the engines!

Posted from Android



Date: 02/28/21 09:53
Re: A Spring day in the Marches
Author: 86235

Hexagon789 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always think the 158s are nicer - they ride
> superbly, though the hydrostatic radiator can be a
> little noisy at times, more so than the engines!
>
> Posted from Android

A damn site better than what TfW rostered this morning on the 08:24 Swansea to Manchester Piccadilly, a pair of tin rockets! Presumably to deter would be passengers.




Date: 02/28/21 11:00
Re: A Spring day in the Marches
Author: exhaustED

Omg... shake, rattle and role! I'd rather jump on the back of that steel train!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/21 11:01 by exhaustED.



Date: 02/28/21 11:07
Re: A Spring day in the Marches
Author: Hexagon789

86235 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hexagon789 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I always think the 158s are nicer - they ride
> > superbly, though the hydrostatic radiator can be
> a
> > little noisy at times, more so than the engines!
>
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
> A damn site better than what TfW rostered this
> morning on the 08:24 Swansea to Manchester
> Piccadilly, a pair of tin rockets! Presumably to
> deter would be passengers.

Nothing like a pair of "skateboards" to put off any would be travellers. Those things are awful, don't get the impression crews think much of them either, they aren't great handling wise to drive



Date: 02/28/21 11:07
Re: A Spring day in the Marches
Author: Hexagon789

exhaustED Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Omg... shake, rattle and role! I'd rather jump on
> the back of that steel train!


Wouldn't blame you, I'd probably join you!

Posted from Android



Date: 03/01/21 15:53
Re: A Spring day in the Marches
Author: krm152

All scenes are deinitely excellent plus. 
Th crossing signs are really a nice touch.
Always like the Class 66's.
Thanks for another most excellent posting.
ALLEN



Date: 03/02/21 02:16
Re: A Spring day in the Marches
Author: 86235

Thanks Allen



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds