Home Open Account Help 274 users online

European Railroad Discussion > More from Bishton crossing

Date: 03/27/21 05:31
More from Bishton crossing
Author: 86235

Bishton is a manually controlled crossing just a few miles east of Newport in South Wales. This was taken about 45 minutes after the HST I posted yesterday.

60015 is westbound on empty oil tanks from a large distribution depot near Bristol to the loading facility in West Wales. It's rapidly being overtaken by another Castle class HST on the 11:12 Taunton to Cardiff Central. As you can see it was also starting to rain, one of a number of heavy showers during the day.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/27/21 10:44
Re: More from Bishton crossing
Author: ironmtn

An excellent location and fine video -- thanks, Nick!

Good-sized oil train, and nice to see the bigger tank cars more like ours in North America. Also, always enjoy seeing the HST trainsets (I really like that paint scheme), and am hoping I get a chance to still ride one before they finally go completely out of service. Had it not been for the pandemic, that was planned for last year. Alas, it was not to be. I know that their days are numbered, and the services that they protect are becoming fewer. Hoping to make it over there before they disappear.

MC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/21 10:51 by ironmtn.

Date: 03/27/21 11:23
Author: gbmott

Really nice!  Thanks.

Gordon

Date: 03/27/21 15:35
Author: 86235

ironmtn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know that their days are
> numbered, and the services that they protect are
> becoming fewer. Hoping to make it over there
> before they disappear.
>
> MC
Thanks, you've still got plenty of time, the Castle class HSTs and their Scotrail equivalents will be around for a few years yet, probably more given the amount of money spent on converting the passenger cars with auto sliding doors and PRM (persons of reduced mobility) toilets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/21 15:40 by 86235.

Date: 03/27/21 19:45
Author: krm152

Super nice video.  Especially like the Class 60 action.
Thanks for the excellent video posting.
ALLEN 

Date: 03/28/21 11:12
Author: King_Coal

Those HSTs are very sleek looking! Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds