Home Open Account Help 358 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Castle Cary weekend

Date: 07/24/21 12:38
Castle Cary weekend
Author: Hartington

We've a working week of really nice weather here in Somerset. Temperatures in the 80s and 90s farenheit with cloudless skies. Unfortunately, the weather detriorated over the weekend when steam was scheduled.
I'm getting ahead of myself....
We start on Friday afternoon with 66119 and 66085 heading west near Clanville, about a mile west of Castle Cary

Date: 07/24/21 12:46
Re: Castle Cary weekend

There's a lot of engineering work going on at Bristol Temple Meads station. Most of the necessary track, ballast etc. trains are operating to and from Westbury and later on Friday, a little further west near Lydford-on-Fosse I went to capure one of those trains.
But first, because of the works around Bristol, the regular train from Cornwall carrying China Clay to the Midlands came my way for once headed by 66200. Five minutes later Colas 56302 headed the other way going to Taunton where the train changed direction to Bristol.

Date: 07/24/21 12:50

Today (Saturday) 44596 "Bahamas" took an excursion from Paddington to Minehead. Some reports suggest she went all the way but I think there was a loco change when the train left Network Rail metals for the West Somerset Railway becuase WSR have turning facilities at Norton Fitzwarren. Anyway, here she is at Clanville heading west.

Date: 07/24/21 12:53

On her way home Bahamas was following a track renewal train so here's 66515 doing the honours. 66561 was shoving on the rear but you can get too much of 66s!

Date: 07/24/21 12:57

Bahamas was only 10 minutes behind the track renewal train but I'd forgotten to allow for a passenger running the other way with 802015 and 021. We have Bahamas with the 802 nose just staring to intrude, Bhamas hidden behind the 802s and then out behind.

Date: 07/24/21 13:29
Author: jkh2cpu

I like the lines of UK locomotives. Compact little power houses :-)

John.

Date: 07/25/21 16:15
Author: Peak45068

Hartington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We've a working week of really nice weather here
> in Somerset. Temperatures in the 80s and 90s
> farenheit with cloudless skies. Unfortunately, the
> weather detriorated over the weekend when steam
> was scheduled.
> I'm getting ahead of myself....
> We start on Friday afternoon with 66119 and 66085
> heading west near Clanville, about a mile west of
> Castle Cary

How many of those Class 66’s are now in the ‘new’ DB livery?

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0603 seconds