Home Open Account Help 311 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Glacier Express, Part 2, food

Date: 09/27/21 20:19
Glacier Express, Part 2, food
Author: edsaalig

In Excellance Class you are servied a 5 course meal.  Your start with the Excellence Class starter Plare with tartar mini-tart, cheese tart and mixed nuts.  You start your trip with a glass of champagne. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/21 20:32 by edsaalig.

Date: 09/27/21 20:26
Re: Glacier Express, Part 2, food

Next coms Pea Mint Soup with dired alpine flower blossoms.  Again a special wire (red or white) is servied  The next course is Swiss Beef Tenderloin with mashed potatoes and truffle oil, carrots, spring onions and gravey with mountain herbs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/21 20:33 by edsaalig.

Date: 09/27/21 20:29

Warm chocolate cake comes next with a sweet wine.  Later comes Afternoon Tea with small pastries and Grubünden herb tea.  This meal is servied over a 2 hour period.  Very relaxing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/21 20:31 by edsaalig.

Date: 09/29/21 05:53
Author: DrawingroomA

Such extravagance: Dom Perignon on a train. That whole meal looks like it was a great experience.  If I was the type of person to create a "bucket list" I would definitely add this trip..

Date: 09/30/21 03:15
Author: Train29

I wonder what happened to the wine glasses that tilted to keep the drinks level on the extreme grades? 

Date: 09/30/21 05:06
Author: Hexagon789

Train29 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what happened to the wine glasses that
> tilted to keep the drinks level on the extreme
> grades? 

You can certainly purchase them on board or even from the Rhaetian Railway's online giftshop

Date: 10/13/21 18:00
Author: jcaestecker

Oh my goodness, Ed!  What lavish dining you two enjoyed.  I can't speak to the Sherpa wine but those were two VERY serious bottles of bubbles.  I bet that was a terrific trip.

-John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds