Home Open Account Help 370 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Transport for Wales new loco hauled services

Date: 01/10/23 01:08
Transport for Wales new loco hauled services
Author: 86235

Yesterday saw the first run of TfW's new loco hauled services between Manchester Piccadilly and Cardiff Central, services which have been in the hands of DMUs for 20+ years. This is the first train, the 1V33 06:26 ex-Manchester arriving in Abergavenny.

A look at 1V33's DVT (Driving Van Trailer) at Cardiff Central which was given this vinyl wrap for Remembrance Day - Mewn angof ni chânt fod / Lest we forget.

Having ridden it to Cardiff I shot it heading off for servicing before forming the 1W93 to Holyhead. In the adjacent platform at Cardiff is the DVT of 1V91 from Holyhead, which follows the 1V33 from Shrewsbury but doesn't stop at Abergavenny. After servicing it forms the 1W57 to Manchester.

More sets are due to be introduced over the next few months so that almost half the daily services between Cardiff and Manchester will be loco hauled, complete with buffet / restaurant car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/23 02:25 by 86235.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/10/23 18:37
Re: Transport for Wales new loco hauled services
Author: tq-07fan

The people in the Restaurant Car cooked off some Ravioli for me when I caught a Loco hauled trainset from Hereford to Shrewsbury nine years ago. Very tasty!

Nice pictures and video. My train was Arriva Blue with the Restaurant Car still in a Brit Rail livery. 

Jim

Date: 01/11/23 03:50
Author: 86235

tq-07fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My train was Arriva Blue
> with the Restaurant Car still in a Brit Rail
> livery. 
>
> Jim

All the old Arriva Trains Wales Mk3 stock went for scrap last year, these Mk4s are renegades from the ECML.

Date: 01/22/23 19:28
Author: cabsignaldrop

Looks sharp! Nice pictures.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds