Home Open Account Help 303 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Live camera links from the Czech Republic

Date: 08/17/23 08:54
Live camera links from the Czech Republic
Author: thebluecomet

Over on Y-uT-be there are several live cameras at various stations in the Czech Republic.  I am not familiar with the area, but I just wanted to let anyone interested know of their existence.  The Czech Republic is in the eastern European Time Zone and is currently 6 hours ahead of EDT and 9 hours ahead of PDT.

The actual name of the town is Usti nad Orlici.  It is east of Prague(Praha) and appears to be on a mainline between Prague and Slovakia.  Lots of action here with a great deal of variety.  https://www.y-ut-be.com/watch?v=0woyfX-Mc3oU

Main station at Prague (Praha)  https://www.y-ut-be.com/watch?v=P4tcVYgdgos

Site lists this as Liben, but appears to be somewhere in Prague.  https://www.y-ut-be.com/watch?v=QT3HG6g27Qk

You will need to correct the spelling in the link and add the missing letters since this site doesn't allow that name.

If anyone wishes to add some information, please feel free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/23 08:56 by thebluecomet.

Date: 08/17/23 10:19
Re: Live camera links from the Czech Republic
Author: birdman

Liben is a short way east of the Praha (Prague) Main station.  There is a freight yard there, and a suburban station just out of view to the right in the picture.  There is a lot of train action on this camera.  There is also a lot of action on the camera at Usti nad Orlici.  At Usti nad Orlicii, a few miles east (away from the camera) the line splits.  At the junction, some tracks continue east while other racks turn south to Vienna, Austria and on to Hungary. In additon to mainine action, a branch line turns north just east of the station.  Regular commuter service is scheduled on the branch along with occasional freights and this is shown on the webcam..  There is heavy main line freight and passenger action on this webcam.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/23 10:21 by birdman.

Date: 08/17/23 13:33
Author: NMlurker

Thanks for posting this. I am already enjoying the action at Usti nad Orlici which is lit like daylight. That one signal just keeps clearing to green and freight after freight rolls by, although oddly none in the opposite direction so far and outnumbering the passenger trains fairly late in the evening. I hope to visit there next year and this will be excellent preparation.

Date: 08/18/23 11:00
Author: mexrail

Thanks for the cam links to Ceska Drahy(CD), the national Czech operator.  Rode them two times in 2017 on a Budapest-Prague and Prague -Berlin train, both on same train schedule which consisted of Hungarian equipment.  I am quite surprised by what I have seen on YT.  A young man named Pete Brandy posts weekly trips in the Czech Republic.  He does a great job of reviewing the train consist and geography it traverses.  CB operates Pendolinos, Rail Jets and has new Siemens equipment similar to new Amtrak Venture cars.

There is much diversity on CB rails with open access carrier Regio Jet(the yellow trains you will see) and Leo Express(uses
Stadler equipment).  I think you will be surprised like me, as to the quality and frequency of rail traffic in the Czech Republic.

Mexrail

Date: 08/18/23 20:17
Author: Lackawanna484

birdman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Liben is a short way east of the Praha (Prague)
> Main station.  There is a freight yard there, and
> a suburban station just out of view to the right
> in the picture.  There is a lot of train action
> on this camera.  There is also a lot of action on
> the camera at Usti nad Orlici.  At Usti nad
> Orlicii, a few miles east (away from the camera)
> the line splits.  At the junction, some tracks
> continue east while other racks turn south to
> Vienna, Austria and on to Hungary. In additon to
> mainine action, a branch line turns north just
> east of the station.  Regular commuter service is
> scheduled on the branch along with occasional
> freights and this is shown on the webcam..  There
> is heavy main line freight and passenger action on
> this webcam.

Thanks for that description, birdman.

At 4-5 am EET Saturday, I've seen four passenger trains stop at the station. Several more have passed thru. At least six freight trains.  At 4 in the morning!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds