Home Open Account Help 251 users online

European Railroad Discussion > On This Day One Year Ago: To Roy Bridge via Glasgow, Scotland

Date: 09/12/23 13:15
On This Day One Year Ago: To Roy Bridge via Glasgow, Scotland
Author: NMlurker

September 12, 2022 was a travel day from Edinburgh to Roy Bridge (detrained at Spean Bridge) which is near Fort William in the Scottish highlands. The first train was an EMU set from Waverley to Glasgow Queen Street station. For whatever reason, I never photographed one of the ScotRail EMUs. The train from Glasgow to Spean Bridge was a six-car DMU that would split at Crianlarich with two cars going to Oban and four going to Fort William.

1. This was the only chance that I had to photograph one of the ScotRail Intercity HSTs and I nearly paid the ultimate price as I was accused of terroristic behavior by a woman official of some sort. It was another case of you need permission, how do I get permission, you write to ScotRail, okay, too late for that.

2. Released on my own recognizance but shaken, I managed one more shot at the Queen Street station at a slightly different angle.  All the other times that I saw an HST it was parked at a maintenance facility and I was passing on a train.

3. The following day we went to Oban via coach and departed via ferry, but I figured I would include this image of Oban that shows the small, stub-end passenger station at the left-center (no trains present), adjacent to the ferry terminal.

Date: 09/12/23 15:50
Re: On This Day One Year Ago: To Roy Bridge via Glasgow, Scotland
Author: 55002

Enjoying your photos. Lovely view of Oban. Every station in the UK has a jobsworth. Looks like you found the one at Glasgow. Chris uk.

Date: 09/13/23 00:16
Re: On This Day One Year Ago: To Roy Bridge via Glasgow, Scotland
Author: 86235

NMlurker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was another case of you need
> permission, how do I get permission, you write to
> ScotRail, okay, too late for that.

What utter nonsense, no one needs 'permission' to take a photograph. At some busy stations you may need to sign in but that's all (and I've never done that). Someone as Chris says who's uniform makes them power crazy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds