|Home||Open Account||Help||120 users online|
European Railroad Discussion > On This Day One Year Ago + One Week: Edinburgh, Scotland
Date: 09/13/23 13:03
On This Day One Year Ago + One Week: Edinburgh, Scotland
When I started this series one week ago I completely skipped over the shots I took in Edinburgh on September 6, 2022 before I left by train to Carlisle, England.
1. Lumo is one of the newer passenger operators on the East Coast Main Line using Hitachi AT300 Class 803 five-car electrics between Edinburgh and London King's Cross.
2. The above Lumo train departing from the east end of Edinburgh Waverley station.
3. A nearly identical daytime shot to the dusk shot previously posted of a London North Eastern Railway Hitachi AT300 Class 801 that has arrived into Edinburgh.
Date: 09/13/23 13:15
Re: On This Day One Year Ago + One Week: Edinburgh, Scotland
The numbering of the platforms at Edinburgh Waverley borders on random and I had to ask where the heck Platform 8 was. Turns out it was 'outside' the main station on the south side. This is from where the Avanti West Coast trains to and from the West Coast Main Line operate.
4. The sun has come out on my train to Carlisle. This is an Italian-design Pendolino class 390 electric tilt train.
5. Avanti West Coast is a joint operation that includes the Italian train operator Trenitalia. The train operated on time to Carlisle and arrived in a downpour. I did not have any sense of tilting which is probably how it should be.