Home Open Account Help 253 users online

European Railroad Discussion > On This Day One Year Ago: Edinburgh, Scotland (Finale)

Date: 09/18/23 14:45
On This Day One Year Ago: Edinburgh, Scotland (Finale)
Author: NMlurker

September 16, 2022 included a ride on the line from Kyle of Lochalsh to Inverness in a two-unit ScotRail DMU but there is no photographic evidence. September 17th was spent looking for the Loch Ness monster (did not find it). September 18th was a trip from Inverness down to Edinburgh on a London North Eastern Railway (LNER) diesel Azuma service. There is no photographic evidence of that either. Combination of having a bad cold and getting tired of trains that I had seen before. Back in Edinburgh I did manage my last few images after asking permission after my experience in Glasgow. The answer was sure, not a problem. Okay. I was to have returned to the states the following day but after spending almost the entire day waiting for my flight to London Heathrow that was ultimately canceled due to the Queen's funeral, I would not make it back until the 20th.

1. This Class 66 was the reason that I asked for permission to photograph at the Edinburgh Waverley station. A GB Railfreight unit painted for luxury train operator Belmond and the Royal Scotsman.

2. One last Class 170 ScotRail DMU set.

3. A couple of trains aimed towards Newcastle and London. A Cross Country Class 220 diesel multiple unit in the foreground and an LNER Azuma Class 801 electric on the adjacent track.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds