Home Open Account Help 263 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Cycling the UK

Date: 05/06/24 16:41
Cycling the UK
Author: 2-10-2

I'll be doing a bicycle tour from Land's End (Penzance) up to John o'Groats (near Inverness) starting this Sunday. I fly from the US on Wed to Heathrow, then take the train from Paddington to Penzance on Saturday. At the end of the tour (1,000 mi. in 14 days), I'll take the Calendonian sleeper from Inverness back to London.
Wish I had more time to enjoy the British rail system, but looking forward to any chances I have to watch trackside along the way.
Thanks to those in the UK who post such beautiful photos of the English countryside on TO! It's a big motivator to see areas that I might encounter along the way.

Date: 05/06/24 19:46
Re: Cycling the UK
Author: DKay

That sounds like an amazing trip. Exploring the UK rail system is on my bucket list. 
Regards,DK

Date: 05/07/24 10:51
Author: 86235

Very good luck, I hope the weather's kind.

Date: 05/07/24 13:15
Author: exhaustED

That's a fabulous and exciting challenge to be undertaking. hope you have a great time! Feel free to PM if you want any info/pointers about anything at all (i live in the UK).

Happy travels!

Date: 05/08/24 18:29
Author: DavidP

Awesome!  What's your estimated time for the ride?

Dave

Date: 05/10/24 00:36
Author: 2-10-2

DavidP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Awesome!  What's your estimated time for the
> ride?
>
> Dave
I think your question is answered in my initial post, unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re asking

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds