Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Union Pacific 'Armour Yellow'

Date: 03/12/14 03:21
Union Pacific 'Armour Yellow'
Author: jpalmer76

Doing some redecorating, and wondered if anyone knows where I can find yellow interior paint that is close to the color of UP power. It is hard to go by photographs as the tints vary. I don't need an exact match, but it would be nice if I could find something close. Thanks.

Date: 03/12/14 04:09
Re: Union Pacific 'Armour Yellow'
Author: Railtrekker

Go to the hobby shop and get a bottle of UP yellow then take it to Lowes or Home Depot or wherever and have them mix you up a batch that matches the bottle from the hobby shop.
Brian

Date: 03/12/14 19:10
Author: spnudge

Or,............ buy a new unit from EMD and request a can of "Touch Up" paint with it.

Nudge

Date: 03/12/14 19:34
Author: grahamline

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-gallery#&ce_vm=0

led me to

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/brightyellow

You would probably want to look at the color cards in the store, given the unreliability of most home computer monitors for color matching. But one of my favorite locomotive projects matches this shade pretty well.

Of course, you will also need a bright red and a solid mid-gray to complete the effect. It's my observation that UP's yellow doesn't look right by itself -- the red and gray complete the effect.

Date: 03/13/14 18:39
Author: wa4umr

Try this link. It might help. http://utahrails.net/up/up-paint-html.php

I saw another site once upon a time that had better information but I can't find it now. You might try a google search on "railroad paint" or colors or maybe up colors.

John

Date: 03/14/14 01:49
Author: jpalmer76

I did an internet search for model train paint and ordered some UP Yellow through walthers.com.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I knew this was the right place to ask!

Date: 03/24/14 14:18
Author: truxtrax

spnudge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or,............ buy a new unit from EMD and
> request a can of "Touch Up" paint with it.
>
>
> Nudge

LMAO,,,,,had I been having a drink, I would've spit all over the
room. Then I probably choked to death, since nobody's here to do
the Hiemlich maneuver on me!

Larry Dodgion
Wilsonville, OR

Date: 03/27/14 10:37
Author: Bob3985

You could contact the UP and see if you can buy a couple of gallons of Imron UP Armour Yellow with cans of activator and sealant. That runs a couple of dollars. Seriously the suggestion to take a bottle to a paint store is the best option and much less expensive.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds